This was an amazing day for over 100 people who gathered for our “Managing Life with Parkinson’s” symposium in Danvers!
We partnered with the American Parkinson’s Disease Association Mass Chapter (APDA) to host healthcare presentations that spanned the importance of maintaining a social life and building resilience, understanding the role of blood pressure, and how Parkinson’s-specialized occupational, physical, and speech therapy programs become tools for creating independence and wellness.
To learn more about the programs represented today, please visit the following web sites:
- APDA MA Chapter Information and Referral Center at Boston University Medical Center: http://apdama.org
- Blood Pressure Information: http://NOHMatters.com
- Health Quality of Life Lab, Tufts University: http://ase.tufts.edu/hql/
- Center for Balance, Mobility, and Wellness: https://www.gordon.edu/balance/therapy
- Speech & Swallowing Therapy: http://speechtherapygroup.net/therapist/
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy for Parkinson’s: http://www.insightspeechpathology.com/lsvt